The Maine Grocers & Food Producers
The Maine Grocers & Food Producers Association is a business trade association representing main street businesses: independently owned and operated grocery stores, supermarkets, food and beverage producers and processors, wholesalers and distributors and allied service companies. The NEW Three-Year Strategic Plan 2017-2019 was adopted at the October 19, 2016 Annual Meeting. It establishes our goals and guiding principles.
We are a community dedicated to the prosperity of Maine’s grocery and food producer industry through excellence in advocacy, networking and education.
The Maine Grocers & Food Producers Association is vibrant and is recognized as the leader in the advancement of Maine’s grocery and food producer industry.
Legislative Areas of Focus:
- Wage & Labor: paid sick leave, family leave, restrictive scheduling, healthcare, workers’ compensation insurance, employer and employee rights
- Taxation: sales taxes aimed at alcohol, tobacco or other food products, conformity bills, local option sales tax, and tax policies affecting Maine businesses
- Environmental: food waste (composting and reduction), plastic and polystyrene bans, Maine’s bottle bill, sustainability and stewardship programs, chemicals and food packaging
- Marijuana: licensing, retail, and production
- Agricultural: food labeling and production, CBD food production
Christine is dedicated to the growth and success of Maine’s grocery and food producers industry. She is committed to working with association members to expand their business and operations through government and industry advocacy, networking and education. Christine may be reached at email@example.com or at the office 207.622.4461.
Prior to joining MGFPA, Amy served as the Member Services and Program Manager at the Maine State Chamber of Commerce. She also held the title of Program Manager for The Maine Business Leadership Network and the Maine Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives. Amy may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the office 207.622.4461.
Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors meets four times per year. Members are encouraged to attend these meetings and attend the annual meeting.
|C&S Wholesale Grocers
|Del Conte Sauces
|Gowell’s Shop N Saves
|Country Farms Market
|Bixby & Co.
|Bow Street Market
|Associated Grocers of New England
|H.P. Hood, LLC
|Tozier’s Family Market
|Hillside, Mars Hill, & Star City IGA