REMINDER: The Maine Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) is reminding retail stores, restaurants, and shoppers that the statewide ban on single-use plastic carry-out bags will go into effect on July 1, 2021.
Implementation of a state law that prohibits restaurants, stores, and a wide variety of other eating establishments from using polystyrene foam disposable food containers will take effect on July 1, 2021.
Resources for Retailers:
Plastic Bag and Plastic Film Recycling:
- Maine’s Plastic Bag Ban Law LD 1532
- Maine’s Plastic Bag Ban within Title 38
- ME DEP Plastic Bag Ban Landing Page
- ME DEP Plastic Bag Ban Guidance Doc
- Maine’s Polystyrene Ban Law LD 289
- Maine’s Polystyrene Ban within Title 38
- ME’s DEP Polystyrene Landing Page
- ME DEP Polystyrene Ban Guidance Doc